Sunday, November 14, 2010

Tools for Transformation - The Art, Science and Craft of Living a More Joyful Life

More Brainstorming...
I think I'll start a business!
I am a Nia teacher. That means that I am a guide into the Joy of Movement, Pleasure with Purpose (thank you Karol McNutt, Blue Belt Nia teacher), and The Body's Way.
Nia is rich. Nia is a fitness practice as well as a lifestyle practice. While I practice Nia to stay fit, Nia is also my lifestyle. For the past 6 years I have been sharing Nia through the Body and the Mind, primarily as the fitness practice. In very small pieces I have been sharing Nia as the lifestyle practice. It is time for me to begin sharing Nia they way I believe it is intended to be shared: as a Body, Mind, Spirit and Emotions Fitness Movement Lifestyle program.
With this in mind, I have begun to create Tools for Transformation. T4T is under the umbrella of Nia Body Journeys which also includes Nia Classes, and One-on-One Nia-based Training as well as Workshops, Jams, Labs, Nia Parties and other community events.
T4T is intended to be offered to groups outside of a fitness class. T4T is intended for businesses and corporations as part of their in-house wellness programs, for wellness centers as a facet of their existing wellness programming, fitness centers to introduce or deepen wellness programming. T4T is intended to be shared with any group of people who are interested in investing in holistic programming.
Within T4T there are interactive Lecture/Discussion and movement segments, Nia classes and workshops.
What makes the workshop under T4T different from the workshops under NBJ is that the T4T workshops are dedicated to the following topics/headings specifically intended to support people in making healthy lifestyle changes of life during a lunch hour, or before/after work hour on the premises of the business through :
  • Awareness
  • Self-Activation
  • Conditioning
  • Body Works - The Body's Way and Your Body's Way
  • 9 Movement Forms
  • The Power of this Moment

The workshops offered under NBJ have a wider scope of topics, more time for the experience and the venue is more likely to be a dance studio or fitness/wellness center.

4 comments:

  1. I love that you're putting this out there Catherine...the only way you'll know which direction to move is to take a step and let the path unfold. I'm with you in spirit!!

    Love,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Laurie. I'm looking forward to the path we may share ahead.

    Namaste,
    Catherine
    www.niabodyjourneys.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great vision Catherine! En-joy this new path you are stepping into.

    Love your life,

    Your Brown Belt Sista
    Carmen
    www.niaglow.co.za

    ReplyDelete