Sunday, February 27, 2011

With Purpose

Have you ever had the feeling that you're wearing someone else's skin?
For me, it's a body sensation akin to borrowing someone else's clothes - they are size-comparable but they don't have that "right" feeling the way our own clothes do. I find that I have this sensation when I'm going through change - change through my own choice or through no choice of my own. Currently it's a combination of the two!
In general I'm not a control person. As I go through my life, the only thing I feel the need to control is me. I do, however, like to have my way and being the only child that I am, I have a tendency to exert control or manipulate my environment to get it. I know that none of you have ever worked your own brand of magic to get what you wanted!!! Say a prayer, cast a spell, gather some "insider" info and BOOM! (How many did I offend with that one? Feel free to comment, please.) You got it and boy, it is fabulous! Yea, you and I always get what we want. We do?
Ever feel like you never get what you want?!?
Sound ambivalent to you? On the fence; can't decide what I really want to write about today?? Nah, just looking for a temporary close - get to go teach Nia!!!
Back Soon...

1 comment:

  1. When I was younger and looked for love in all the wrong places, I became a "chameleon". Not really knowing who I was or what I wanted myself, I would become whatever it was that someone else wanted me to be...or perhaps more truthfully, what I thought someone else wanted me to be.

    I learned many things being a chameleon, but never really learned about ME. So as you so aptly put it in your blog, the clothes I wore always fit a little less than perfect. There was always that little something that just didn't feel right.

    After finally (at the age of 30) becoming aware of ME, I started finding the clothes that really fit. My skin was mine. And I found my purpose which is spiritual in nature. And 20 years later at the age of 50, I found Nia, which aligned beautifully with my purpose.

    I really like me. I like that I'm not living a sham. Yes, sometimes I tick people off by being me, but I think I'd rather tick others off and be forgiven (hopefully) than to never forgive myself for not being who I am.

    Thank you Catherine! I trust you enjoyed the dance!

    ReplyDelete