Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day and Physical Love

Happy Valentine's Day!
Today I am in my body more than ever!
This weekend and today, in my classes, I have and am celebrating the physical me.
This morning in class we danced the love and the privilege of being in our bodies.
We, our physical bodies are a marvel; a miracle and each day lived with awareness is a wonderous event.
We are Earth, we are Stars, we are Air and Fire. We are Life and Death. We literally hold the cosmos in our hands.
All of this and we are Feeling and Loving and Growing and we are Possibility.
We are desire, playfylness, creativity, passion, joy, anger, grief, compassion, forgiving, hopeful, and enduring.
We are Wonderous!
All of that inspiration brought me to this. While not new, I had not shared these thoughts aloud: I do not teach my Nia classes so that I will not gain weight.
I do not teach my Nia classes so that I will not be mushy and weak.
I teach my Nia classes and I dance every day because I Love it! I Love the way each move feels as I birth it into shape and timing. I Love the sensation of shifting from one move into the next. I Love the way the music tickles my nervous system and teases sway and reach, push, pull, extend, contract, ooze, melt, bounce, flow, pulse, hang, lift, lower, open, close, curl, and uncurl* from my muscles. *(and the zillion other verbs we cold come up with given enough time!!)
I teach and I practice because it invites my self, in all its forms (body, mind, spirit and emotion) to release and express in a safe and constructive way. Debbie Rosas Stewart uses the expression "feel to heal". I see no other way. I must feel it all (using my trusty volume control) to come out whole and healthy.
Today, I celebrate my Body, my Life and my Dance!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! I can feel the love, Catherine!!! What an awesome blog post. So full of energy and vitality! You go girl...celebrate YOU! I do!

    ReplyDelete