Thursday, February 3, 2011

Spiritual Warriors Apply Here for Great Work

I'm reading a book that's taking me all over the place in terms of what I know, what I think I know, what I believe and what I have to learn about our culture and the masculine and feminine spirits and roles within our culture.
The book is The Hidden Spirituality of Men by Matthew Fox and this is a very brief taste:
"A job provides a paycheck and economic survival, but the work we are meant to do which may be the reason we are here on this planet, will provide more."
On being "Spiritual Warriors" and "the Great Work":
"Such a great work will require great spirits, real warriors, and it will require steering our moral outrage, and our powers of aggression and competition into more positive directions. The Great Work is 'not a role that we have chosen. It is a role given to us, beyond any consultation with ourselves... We are, as it were, thrown into existence with a challenge and a role that is beyond any personal choice.'" (Fox quoting Thomas Berry)
"Noble warriors are called for."
This book is sub-titled Ten Metaphors to Awaken the Sacred Masculine, but this book is a beginning step for all of us seeking to balance our bodies, our minds, our emotions, our spirits and our worlds.

1 comment:

  1. Sacred Livelihood, Sacred Athlete, Nia is my passion. Sounds like an interesting read...I am a spiritual warrior living a sacred life of fulfilling my purpose on earth...to express the qualities and characteristics of God (masculine and feminine) through this body, mind and heart.

    Step in to your greatness...

    ReplyDelete